Talis Aspire is integrated with the CLA Digital Content Store (DCS) which means that you can place requests for scanned chapters or extracts directly from your resource list. When a request is fulfilled in the DCS, a link to your scan is automatically activated next to the reading list item overnight, removing the need to copy and paste the link.
Adding scanned chapters or pages to your lists is particularly useful when an electronic version of a book is not available to purchase. It also helps ease pressure on library stock and improves access for those studying off-campus.
This guide covers the process for requesting digitisations in Talis. There is further information about the DCS and copying limits in the Copyright Libguide. As the DCS is for HE content, requests can be placed for HNC level and upwards.
Any queries about Copyright or the Digitisation process should be directed to CLA@uhi.ac.uk
This article assumes that you already have list editing permission in Talis and added content to your resource list.
1. Ensure that you are logged into Talis Aspire.
2. Find the relevant item in your resource list and then click the three-dot actions menu. You will see the "Request digitisation" option.
3. On the subsequent screen, complete any of the fields that have not been populated automatically, including chapter name/number or a specific page range. Where relevant, click "This is a full chapter" or enter the page range(s) for specific sections.
4. Once you have entered the relevant details, click 'Next' and you will be asked to confirm the module title and code, which will be stored in the DCS for reporting reasons. Finally, enter your contact details and click 'Next'.
5. Once your request has been processed in the DCS, you will receive an email to confirm. The link to the digitised chapter or extract will automatically appear in your reading list the following day. Use the 'View Online' button next to the item to view the resource.