meeScan UHI is an easy new way to checkout items at any of the UHI libraries. There's no need to carry your library card around or stand in line at the circulation desk. Simply scan your books with your phone or tablet.
The app is available for Apple and Android devices, so is compatible with most phones and tablets. Soon there will also be dedicated self-issue kiosks at each of the libraries, please speak to your local librarian for more information. See below for setup instructions.
We hope you enjoy this great new service.
1. Download and install the UHI MeeScan app from the Apple or Android/Google app store. You can either search 'UHI meeScan' or click one of the icons above while using your phone or tablet. During setup you will have to give the app the following permissions:
2. On launching the app it may ask you to confirm which campus you are on
3. You can then login by selecting "barcode" and scanning your student ID card.
4. Alternatively, if you do not have your ID card, you can login by selecting 'Net ID' and then entering your UHI network username and password. (NB. you do not need to add '@uhi.ac.uk' to the username, it's the ID number only)
5. Once logged in touch the "+" button and you can then start scanning items.
6. Scan the barcode of the item you wish to borrow.
7. If you are borrowing more than one item, select the 'scan multiple items' option before you begin.
8. Once you've finished scanning, click 'Finish' to complete the process. You will then receive an email receipt confirming the titles and due dates of the books.
Please note: some of the academic partners have security systems in place. Where necessary, the app will also ask you to deactivate the books at a security unit before leaving the library. The app will confirm once the security has been deactivated. Please speak to a member of library staff if you need any assisstance the first time and they will be glad to help.
It is not possible to return books on the app so please hand them in at the issue desk or the book return box (where available) as you would normally.
Along with self-issue on your own device, libraries across the partnership will soon have MeeScan kiosks. Ideal for anyone who doesn't have a smart device or has left it at home. The checkout process is the same as the student app. The only difference is that when you finish you transaction, the app will clear all of your login data ready for the next user.
For libraries that are unmanned during the evening, it also removes the need to write book details in a log book.
The kiosks should be available early in the 19/20 academic year. Please check here for updates or speak to your local librarian.
If you have difficulties using MeeScan for the first time please speak to your local librarian who will be happy to help. If you are unable to login or receiving an error message and there is nobody to assist, please open a self-service ticket on the Unidesk self-service portal.