Please note that in response to the Coronavirus outbreak all campuses and libraries are currently closed. Print books are sadly not available to borrow due to lockdown restrictions.
The library service are making the following changes which we hope will ease any pressure on students and staff during this time:
- All items currently on loan will have their due dates extended, initially until Thursday April 30th. There is no need to contact the library to renew your items as it will happen automatically. The above date will be extended if/when required.
- There is no need to return items during this period or post them back to the library, please keep them safe until campuses return to normal.
- Any library fines accrued since December 1st 2019 will be be waived and no new fines will accumulate. Please note that as of the 18th March 2020 no UHI partner library will being be charging late fees, even after the Coronavirus crisis has passed.
- Our inter-site loan service is suspended, so, unfortunately, we will no longer be sending books between the academic partner libraries. It is not feasible for us to offer this service due to building closures. If you have an urgent request please contact your library and efforts will be made to source a suitable online alternative.
- We continue to purchase electronic versions of Core and Recommended reading wherever possible. Our module reading list software includes a huge number of items that are available electronically. Within your list, look for the 'view online' button.
- Multisearch : on carrying out a search, remember to tick checkbox options like 'full text' or 'online' to view materials that are available electronically. This will remove print materials from search results.
- Our A-Z Online Collections list continues to offer a huge range of online resources and collections.
The libguides homepage has further guides on electronic resources, ebooks, referencing and much more.
Please contact the library if you require any further support in transitioning to remote study and we will do our best to assist. This page will updated with any further changes. You can also open a ticket on the Servicedesk and your query or problem will be directed to the relevant member of the team.
We are planning to have online drop-in sessions where you can ask our librarians questions about resources and services. Details of these sessions will be posted here shortly.